Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Infection!

Thursday, July 1st - I decided to work in our basement and do some much needed cleaning. I wore socks and my slippers and I got a lot of work done. However, that night my little toe on my right foot started to itch. It continued to be itchy throughout Friday and by Saturday morning it was driving me to distraction. Throughout Saturday I kept asking David to check my toe because it was really starting to hurt on the inside bottom part but because of where the pain was located, I just couldn't see it. He would glance and tell me he didn't see anything so I just continued to itch away. 
Tuesday, July 4th - in the evening, while sitting by the pool chatting with Heidi and Ryan, I mentioned my painful, itchy toe to Ryan and he took a look. Well, apparently I had a hole on the bottom inside part of my little toe. Ryan asked me questions about it and suggested I go in if it didn't start feeling better. I was starting to have some redness on the top of my foot which was concerning to him. 
Wednesday, July 5th - not only was my toe constantly itchy but it was starting to hurt as well. David and I went to the temple that evening and my foot was so swollen that I could only wear sandals.
By the time we walked out, I could barely walk on my foot. My foot was swollen, itchy, and red.
Ryan had mentioned he had some antibiotics I could have so when we got home from the temple David went to their house to grab them. Ryan warned him of certain signs, like increased swelling and purple coloring, that if they were to show up, I needed to go in. 
Thursday morning, July 6th - after a night of considerable pain, I woke up to even more swelling and those purple toes we'd been warned about.
I was able to get an appointment for that afternoon, thank goodness, because I did indeed have an infected foot. Whatever caused the hole in my toe, whether I just got something stuck in there or it was a spider bite, because of the location, it was the perfect spot for something to fester and get infected. When the PA touched the top of my foot, I actually gasped in pain. The infection had spread from my toe and was moving along the whole top of my foot. I got started on more antibiotics and for the next two days I was bed ridden because I absolutely could not walk on it. Any kind of pressure on my foot was incredibly painful. Thank goodness I had three guys to take good care of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment