Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Surgery

One of life's long days. I had missed out on all this when he got his first surgery but this time David and I got to both be there for Xander.
All the preliminary surgery stuff...
and then the long wait! We were able to check his progress on the monitor in the waiting room but as the hours went by, I got more and more nervous. I had brought a book but was having a hard time concentrating. David got us some breakfast but I barely tasted it. After about 4 and 1/2 hours we were finally called back to meet with Dr. The first thing out of his mouth was "That was a lot of work!" Turns out it was more than a meniscus tear. He had to repair the ACL once again, taking from the patellar this time. There was also a lot of floating cartilage to clean up. What a mess! It was so nice when we were able to finally go back and be with him. While waiting for the all clear, Xander downed a bunch of applesauce and graham crackers, ha ha!
And then it was time to get him dressed and ready to go. I left David to take care of that and all I can say from standing outside the curtain is it was quite the process and I'm glad David had to do it!
Once again it was an ordeal getting him in the house but Xander finally just got on his butt like last time and dragged himself in. We got him situated on the couch with some Chick-fi-A with Cleo to watch over him...hoping he'd share some food.
Now he just needs time to heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment