Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fun At School

During American Education Week the middle school had their Honor Roll Assembly and David and I got to be there to see Xander receive recognition for his straight A's first quarter. Yay!
Unfortunately the school messed up twice. First, when they announced his name, they failed to mention that he had received a 4.0 like they did for other students. Second, they didn't have his certificate. Poor Xander had to walk off the stage empty handed and I know he was a tad embarrassed because of it.
However, the certificate was found, the school administrator apologized profusely for the mix up, and Xander was all smiles as well he should be after such a great first quarter!
Gotta take pictures with the proud parents!
Later that morning I headed over to the elementary school to hear a speech by "President Abraham Lincoln".
As one can tell by looking at the board, good 'ole Abe was just one of the many famous people I, as well as other parents, got to hear from.
But President Lincoln was definitely my favorite. He did a fantastic job!
Not only did I get to see Noah's presentation, I spent time with him in Spelling and then Gym. I got quite the workout participating in this fun game with the gym class. I think me and one other dad were the only ones to get out on the floor and play. I must say those little ride on things work your thighs!!

I always enjoy opportunities to see my kids in action academically.

No comments:

Post a Comment