Thursday, June 8, 2017

Christmas Countdown Events!


Our early December trip to Home Depot for the Christmas tree and of course Noah, once again, pretending to be a tree. This is becoming a yearly thing.
Then he tried really hard to convince us to get this little tree that was just his size.
But we all finally agreed on this one.
While David was getting the tree wrapped for the car ride home, Noah and I headed into the main part of the store to get a few other things. An employee there caught my eye and started waving at me to come over to where he was standing. I didn't understand what he wanted or if it was even me he was calling to so I somewhat ignored him. He eventually came over to us and asked Noah if he wanted a special gift. I checked to make sure he truly had a legit name tag on because I was starting to get a little creeped out about the whole situation. I hesitantly followed the man to the entrance of the store and was in shock when he reached around a cart, pulled out a metal detector, said "Merry Christmas", and handed it to Noah. Apparently the store manager had told him at the start of the day to look for a young customer to give it to and Noah turned out to be the lucky recipient. Noah was ecstatic and I truly felt bad that I hadn't been a little nicer to the guy from the get go.
Time to decorate. The tree looked A LOT bigger at the lot but ended up being one of the smallest we've ever had.
The kids love to reminisce about some of their favorite, and not so favorite, ornaments. It's almost like each one has a special memory connected to it.
Getting a little boost up!
My tree decorating cuties!
The ward party was a success but my picture taking got off to a slow start.
By the time I got the color right, Noah had lost interest and just wanted to eat. I did, however, pick up two photo bombers.
Serving up a delicious dinner - ham, green beans, salad, funeral potatoes, and rolls.
And this is how the stomach bug spread - all these cute primary kids in a small room getting dressed and prepped for the Nativity was a prime germ spreading situation. But they sure were cute to look at that night!
I love how Nathan, playing Joseph, is just standing there like a model, not even worrying about "Mary" and the baby.
A visit with Santa.
This is when Santa had asked Noah if he had been good that year. Noah shrugged, waved his hands around a bit, and replied, "Not really."
Good thing Santa is all too happy to overlook most things.
Some Christmas love from Jared Hardy.

Always a great way to end a party.
Santa likes to visit our neighborhood on top of a fire truck around mid-December. The kids love it!
A little peek at someone playing Santa by the Christmas tree. I think he might have gone a bit overboard on the belly!
Caroling with the young men and young women which is always a fun night.
Some super cool 3D Christmas glasses they got from one of the ladies we sang to.

No comments:

Post a Comment