Sunday, February 25, 2018

Birthday Dinner

I always struggle with what to get our parents for their birthdays; they already have everything they want or need. So, this year we decided to give them a memory instead of a material gift and we took them to dinner at a restaurant of their choice. While the kids stayed home, the adults headed to Northern Kentucky to the Oriental Wok.
As soon as we pulled up and I saw the pig...
and this limo, I knew we were in for an entertaining night!
Apparently my parents used to go here quite often because it's located near their old Stake Center building. They were such regulars that the owner still remembers them and gave us "the special treatment". He was hilarious and had us laughing about all kinds of different things but the best thing he did for us was make special dishes just for David and my dad. Those are some big plates!

Not only were we celebrating their summer birthdays, Mom and Dad had an anniversary coming up. That calls for some champagne and dessert! Unfortunately the bubbly had to stay in the glasses.
My beautiful momma!
The evening was filled with delicious food, great conversation, and lots of laughs. We even played the "in bed" game while reading our fortune cookies. Who knew that playing that game with one's parents would create side splitting, belly aching, tear-filled laughter...
with only a little bit of awkwardness?
Happy Birthday to my amazing parents! This evening was definitely one of my favorite memories with them.
Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment