Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The Piranhas Swim Season

The boys had another fun swim season swimming for the Belcamp Piranhas! Well, mostly Noah had fun; Xander endured the early morning practices and the cold water which he hated. He declared it was his last year of swimming but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll change his mind.I attended all the meets since a) I love watching my kids participate in all their various activities and b) I was once again a stroke and turn official. During my breaks from judging swimmers, I would take pictures of my boys!
Heat winner! During this second swim season the boys both received a few more of these than they did in their first season. Personal improvements!
There's A LOT of hanging out time during swim meets!
Good thing there's tasty treats to eat!
And lots of buddies to hang with.

We have amazing sunsets in Maryland!
We had swim meets every Wednesday evening and Saturday morning in June and July. Those Saturday morning ones could be rough! We had to get there super early and sometimes it would get really hot but Noah loved every second of it.
Catchin' the Piranha spirit!
Some of my favorite swimmers.
More heat ribbons. Noah was not too thrilled for some reason.
One of the last meets of the season - swimming against Aberdeen.
It finally happened...Xander got his first first place! I was so, SO excited for him!
Both boys also received ducks for beating personal times!
The end of the season party is always a blast! We have a ton of food and cake and other desserts, the swimmers receive a bunch of prizes and awards, get recognized for the great things they did throughout the season, and then everyone swims for a few hours.
Noah and another boy received a rope award because several times throughout the season their bathing suits would fall down. I loved all the silly awards their coach came up with!
Xander won one of the big awards for being one of the highest contributors of points to the team throughout the season.

Another successful swim season in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment