Sunday, February 11, 2018

Soccer Camp Week 1 - Days 3 & 4

Started Day 3 off by seeking the owner of an apple that was left behind on Tuesday. Coach Bill can be so hilarious at times!
Morning drills to fit the theme of the day - Shooting.
Oldest group getting ready to hit that soccer pinata.
But first they have to play with it!
And when you goof off, accidents happen! It was quite the head collision!
The infamous jersey contest!!!
Some of our more enthusiastic contestants...
but Emma was the ultimate winner!
Lunchtime can be highly entertaining!
I spent the afternoon inside babysitting, I mean "coaching", the littlest group. A coach has to do what a coach has to do to keep a bunch of young children not too eager to play soccer busy! We started with some warm ups...
which escalated to hand stands...
and a bunch of selfies!
We finally got down to business and played a few games of indoor soccer. Despite multiple water and bathroom breaks, imagined injuries, wandering kids, whining, crying, and at times a little fighting, we made it through the afternoon and me and my girls stood victorious over the boys.
Started Day 4 (the final day) off with more antics from Coach Bill. He has the amazing ability to stretch opening thoughts and instructions for the day to half an hour. It's quite a talent he has!
I spent the morning inside where we played more indoor games as well as soccer dodge ball, a camp favorite!
These older boys...always goofing off! Coach Bill runs a tight ship with them while they're at camp so I go a little easy on them when I have them in my group and they might have taken a slight advantage of that.
I love this older group of kids! They kept me laughing all throughout camp and I'm definitely sad that many of them are too old to attend next year.
I usually really struggle with the youngest group but they were a stellar group this year and we had a ton of fun together.
Time for the Coaches/Campers Game. First up - the youngest group.
They gave us a tough time and almost beat us! They're always so devastated when they lose, ha ha!
Lunch break! Sheri made sure that I had Jesus in my life.
We also had the North Bay's Got Talent Event, another favorite of the campers!
Not sure what Noah's exact talent on display was but he made everyone laugh which is definitely one of his talents.
These two!
We decided to take the North Bay Camp Picture at lunch, before everyone was totally sweaty from the afternoon games. Of course Cole and Xander had to be front and center!
Our fun group of Week 1!
Getting the water ready???
Campers getting warmed up...



me hanging with my ladies...
and a coaches powwow before playing the oldest group.
Coaches Paul, Bill, Alex, and Jahlil.
Savannah played tough! I was so proud of her!
The oldest group was good but the coaches still came out the winners! As always, we have some freezie pops and ice cubes to cool everyone off in the hot afternoon sun.
I finished up the afternoon with the littlest group again with a few big kids thrown in to help out. We played soccer, soccer ball (duck, duck goose)...
and other fun games, including a few games of soccer.
Me and my cute Addie!
Hangin' out is so much fun!
Our "saying goodbye" pictures after another fun-filled week of soccer camp!
Coach Paul will always be one of our favorites!
Especially for Savannah. She has know him since she first started camp all those years ago and he has been such an amazing coach, mentor, and friend. This was Savannah's final week of camp and she was so sad to say goodbye to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment