Monday, February 18, 2019

Our November 2018

Two days after Halloween I got sick. Very sick. It started with an intense sore throat that kept me up most of Friday night; by the next day, Saturday, the sore throat was gone but the stuffy nose and obvious flu/cold was in place. I stayed home from church on Sunday and stayed in bed most of Monday. The kids were off that Monday but by mid day none of them, including David, had checked on me to make sure I was even alive. Sometimes a mom has to do what a mom has to do so I sent a group text telling them all how disappointed I was in them, that none of them had come to check on me to see if I needed any orange juice or food. I mentioned how I take such great care of them whenever they are sick and could not believe that none of them felt the need to take care of me. I laid the guilt on pretty thick, ha ha. Here is a picture of the outcome of that text.
There were also some apology cards with the food tray. Well, I felt absolutely miserable for about a week and then started to feel better although a cough started to develop that continued to get worse and worse as the month went on. I was up night after night on the couch, trying to sleep propped up because as soon as I would lay down, the hacking would begin. It got so bad that I strained a muscle in my side, which was horrible, by the way, and I would erupt in coughing fits throughout the day that were quite painful and embarrassing when I was in public places. I finally went to the doctor and found out I had bronchitis; unfortunately the two medicines prescribed for me did absolutely nothing. So basically all of November I was sick! It was not fun.
Other happenings in November - Xander had had his expander in for several months but it was finally time to get those braces on!
David and I attended a fundraiser/auction dinner for the Welcome One shelter. President Brady had paid for a table so we got to enjoy an evening with some church friends that we don't get to see very often. Unfortunately I was still pretty sick at this point so we called it an early night. We always have to get a picture of these two with their U/BYU gear!
First snow of the season!
Fiddler on the Roof!
Priesthood Preview and Temple Prep night for Noah. I can't believe he'll be 12 next year!
The three soon-to-be deacons.
Enjoying shakes and family time.
A little brother bonding time.
Honor Roll Assembly.
He hasn't missed one yet!
School project.
Random pictures of our growing Cleo!
She certainly has a good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment