Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Soccer Tournament Time

Last year at this time Savannah and I were enjoying the warm weather of Florida, the magical world of Universal Studios and Disney, and some soccer. This year's Thanksgiving soccer tournament was pure misery! I didn't take any pictures of her first game because I was too busy holding an umbrella while trying to alternate hands in my pockets to keep them warm.  Meanwhile, my poor Savannah had no warm gear on and was getting drenched on the field. We ended up losing 3-0 but by the end I don't think any of us cared because everyone was so miserable. Savannah was crying as she came off the field, saying she couldn't feel her hands, they were so numb. First stop after the game - Dunkin Donuts for a large hot chocolate! Poor thing was trying desperately to thaw out her hands!
We grabbed some lunch and then found a Kohls where we bought her a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and some gloves for her next game. I thought for sure they would cancel - it was freezing, windy, and pouring down buckets! We were all stunned when the refs decided to play two 20 minute halves. For this game I pulled out my phone and took several pictures and videos just to capture the pure craziness of having to play in this weather! How many players can you fit under an umbrella?!?!
The videos are better but this picture shows how torrential the rain was.
The things parents endure to watch their kids play!
At the start of the game all of us parents were lined up on the sideline; by the end of the game there were only three of us still there - Dawn, Frank, and myself. Thank goodness I didn't head to the car - we were down 2-1 and in the last minute or so Savannah scored the tying goal. I was super proud of her!!

Ugh, what a tournament! One I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment