Sunday, July 30, 2023

Wreaths Across America

This December we did one of the coolest things - we placed wreaths at the graves of veterans as part of the Wreaths Across America program. I was actually assigned to be head of this commitee for my DAR chapter so of course I wanted to participate and I made sure to drag my family along with me, ha ha.
The event started with a short program honoring all branches of our military and an explanation of what this event is all about.
Then it was time to lay the wreaths. Wow, was it a frigid day but, as David said, this is one of the best things we've done in awhile so it was worth it!
As we laid each wreath, we said the veterans name which was definitely an emotional experience. So much gratitude in our hearts!
As Xander went to get a few more wreaths, he ended up helping people and handing out wreaths. It was so sweet!
This will definitely be a new tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment