Thursday, July 20, 2023

Wrestling and Wittenberg

We had a divide and conquer day for sports which hasn't happened in a long time - David and Xander went to Wittenberg for a football visit and Noah and I were at the first wrestling tournament of the season. Last year we somehow missed this tournament but I heard it was basically an all day thing so I came prepared with lots of food. I was able to meet a few of the parents and they were very helpful in continuing to increase my wrestling knowledge.
Noah had 3 matches and unfortunately he lost each one but I can tell he's getting better.
After his third match Noah told me he was done for the day so he started eating a ton of food and I headed home. Later that afternoon I get a text telling me he ended up having another match and he won! It was his very first wrestling win and I had missed it. I was so bummed but at least his friend Ismael took video and pictures.
Xander and David had a long day up at Wittenberg. In fact, they were still there when I headed home from the wrestling match!
Xander's friend Grant was also there so that made it extra fun.
They told me it was a day filled with lots of coach talks, film, and more film. They did get to try on jerseys and pose for pictures.
Although Xander enjoyed his visit and Wittenberg is close to home AND McKenna goes there, it's not high on his list. I guess we'll just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment