Tuesday, September 23, 2014

1st Day of School 2014

The big day finally arrived! This year Savannah decided to go back to public school and is now in 7th grade. Although she was apprehensive about having a locker (hey, I still have nightmares where I am back in high school trying desperately to get my locker open) and she was missing her best friend Celine who she was planning on having by her side, Savannah faced the day with courage and excitement.
Noah came out to take pictures with Savannah and then started to get in the car with us, wondering why Xander was staying home on the first day. He didn't realize that Savannah's school starts much earlier than his and that he now had a full hour to play before it was his turn to leave. Funny little guy!
There is only one other kid at Savannah's bus stop, an 8th grader who she knows and who is a really nice guy, thank goodness.  Their stop is the first stop so she got her pick of the seats. I must admit that I got a little teary eyed as I watched that bus drive away, taking my sweet daughter to the hood. She was definitely in my thoughts all day!
An hour later it was the boys' turn! They were extremely excited to go back, no joke!
Noah is in 2nd grade this year;
and Xander is in 4th.
One last hug...
and off we go to the bus stop!
Hangin' with friends while we all wait for the bus.
Noah was so fast getting on the bus that all I got was a picture of his SpongeBob backpack disappearing up the steps!
And the new school year begins! It was hard to hide my excitement that morning. I love my kids tremendously but it was so amazingly awesome to walk into a peaceful, quiet house and know that it was all mine for the next 7 hours. And what did I do? Ate chocolate and read, of course! Just kidding though I did take a picture doing just that. The funny thing about that was with my braces I can't even eat those delicious rum nougats. Well, I do cut them up and gnaw on them because who can resist those scrumptious pieces of heaven. I truly did spend the day reading and enjoying my day of freedom but that was only reserved for the first day. Chores and cleaning projects have occupied all my days since.
Oh, and David and I did celebrate by going to lunch! Another blessing of having David work from home - I have a steady lunch buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment