Monday, September 1, 2014

Soccer Camp - Week 1

The two weeks we spend at North Bay Soccer Camp are two of the best weeks of the year, for both me and the kids! We have so much fun there, improving our soccer skills and goofing off with all the great kids that attend.
Bright-eyed and bushy tailed, ready to start!
Every morning at camp I get 35 minutes with each age group where we focus on a particular skill determined by the theme of the day, which includes passing, dribbling, and shooting. In the afternoon each coach takes one of the age groups and spends the rest of the camp day with them doing a contest, focusing on more drills, and scrimmaging. The hardest group for me is the youngest; although they are super cute kids, they do drive me to craziness so I always take them the first day so the rest of the week I can have fun with the older kids. At least I have some junior coaches to help me. Jeffrey was a godsend and was great with the little ones!
Freezie pop breaks are fantastic!!
Working on trapping skills...
and being rewarded with water balloons!
And if you get on Coach Mommy's nerves, I send you to the time out tree!!!
Perfect form for little No, except for those closed eyes, of course.
They LOVE those water balloons!
Especially throwing them at each other!
Hurray for the littlest group!
Xander's group had fun with them too and ran off to peg some of the other coaches with them! I'm fine with getting the other coaches as long as they don't get me!
Practicing his goal-keeping skills.
Savannah with her favorite coach, Coach Potter.
You're never too big to enjoy freezie pops, especially when it's 95 degrees outside with raging humidity!
Jersey contest time!
Hangin' with my USA boys!
They entered as a group.
And then Noah entered on his own under Ireland. Sneaky boy!
Xander with his Spain jersey though unfortunately, just like other years, he didn't win. It's always fun to just participate though.
Noah liked to greet the campers each morning as they walked in. This morning he sported his new Mohawk hairdo.
Coach Bill's most brilliant idea - teaching the kids to slide tackle on a slip 'n slide! The younger kids loved it!!! And it was perfect for the hot, HOT days!!!
Our awesome Week 1 group!

Time to go home and relax! Unfortunately I had sustained an injury in one of the camper/counselor games on the last day of camp and an hour after I got home I couldn't even walk. Thank goodness my leg started to mend as I rested it all weekend and I was ready to start Week 2 the following Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment