Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Soccer Camp - Week 2

Second week of soccer camp - let's get this party started!
Xander sometimes likes to separate himself a bit...
but he still works hard!
Final instruction before a PK.
A great way to spend the lunch hour - watching Soccer Dog! What a movie! The looks on Coach Bill's face at different parts of the movie were priceless.
Hangin' with their buddy Jan.
We love Coach Jesse!!! And so do I because he helped me tremendously with the little ones...they all adored him!
Coach Bill always has to play his trumpet for us, at least once. This was also the morning that we greeted all the late arrivals with "Guten tag" in honor of Germany winning the World Cup.
Sometimes you just have to play the "lay down and be as quiet as you can for 5 minutes" game with the little ones, just to give yourself a break.
And then we're all good to go for a fun scrimmage.
Preparing himself to do a volley.
Coach Matt is his favorite!
This is how all the coaches feel by the middle of the week!
Jersey contest time!
We did it in the gym so the kids could have a catwalk across the stage. Xander was pretty sedate...
but Noah rocked it, as usual!
Carolyn and Savannah sported the twinner "Mormon" jersey, as they called it.
Another round of the slip n' slide. This time Xander got in on the action.
Always having fun together...Savannah, Carolyn, and Jesse even coordinated their outfits for the last day of camp...seriously. And best photo bomb ever by Alex!
Gotta love soccer tennis.
These two little cuties - way too sassy!
Fighting for that ball in World Cup.
Strike that pose, Miss Savannah!
Two of my old campers, Ryan and Alex, came to visit. I thoroughly missed having those two guys at camp this year.
Right before the camper/counselor games I was goofing around with one of my groups, having them take PKs against me, the amazing ninja goalie, and one of the girls nailed a kick at the goal that I stopped with my leg. Yes, the leg that I had injured the previous week. RIGHT in the exact same spot! I sucked in air and went down; my foot quickly went numb and my shin started swelling up like a goose egg. The kids helped me limp off to the side and we immediately got ice on that thing. My girlies came to hang out with me since I couldn't go anywhere. (And by the way, it's now over 5 weeks since that injury and I still have a hard lump on my shin - boo!)
Due to my injury I stayed inside with Coach Potter and the little group for the rest of the day. I let Mike take over and just relaxed.
And watched the little kids beat up Coach Alex. It was quite fun!
One of my favorite little campers, Brooke.
It's so hard to say goodbye on the last day!
Always such fun, fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment