Saturday, March 17, 2018

A Special Visit

Back in the spring, when Bryan and I visited Hayward in DC, he told us that he was dating a very special lady. A few months later he let us know they were getting married in August in the DC temple. I was completely thrilled for him and especially excited that my parents would be coming out for the wedding as well as my cousins who I hadn't seen in years. The kids were overjoyed to spend extra time with Grandma and Grandpa and we even got to enjoy a fun lunch at La Tolteca.
Congratulations to Hayward and Tiffany!
A beautiful day to be at the temple together!
Unfortunately my dad was not feeling well from a procedure that he had just had and, although he made it through the temple sealing on Friday, by Saturday morning things were so bad that he and my mom headed home. We were so very very sad to see them pull away. That left me dateless for the wedding reception that evening. Thank goodness for my sweet daughter who said she would go with me and I'm so glad she did. We had a wonderful time and it was so nice catching up with the cousins (and avoiding Uncle Bob!). Christian and I even planned a cousins trip to Egypt for 2020!

The following week I got the dreaded phone call. Dad called to tell me that he had prostate cancer and it had spread to his bones. Definitely ranks up there as one of the worst moments of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment