Sunday, March 11, 2018

Kilgore Again

We had just been to Kilgore about ten days earlier but when my friend posted that she would be going, the boys and I decided to spend another morning there with our friends.
The boys just can't get enough of climbing on rocks, jumping off rocks, and swimming under the waterfall.
Plus it's so pretty!
They love to hang out up top though it always makes me a tad nervous. While they were off adventuring, I spent my time talking to my friend Heidi who I don't get to see often enough.
The boys spent a little more time in the water...
and then they'd had enough. They were definitely frozen!
Me and my boys.
They decided to just hang out for awhile...
The one and only picture I got of Xander with his friends. He didn't spend too much time with them for some reason.
And then the building began. It started with rocks...
and then turned to other, bigger things.
Good thing he has a big brother to help carry the heavy stuff!
They built a bridge which was the envy of all the other little kids there, ha ha!

The scary moment of the morning came as my friends were leaving. Heidi's father-in-law, Ed, decided to cut through the water rather than take the trail. His hands were full of chairs and bags and, as he entered the water and started walking, he fell right over, face first into the water. He couldn't even brace himself for the fall with his hands as full as they were. I felt sick and jumped right into the water to help him but he immediately got up and started laughing. I asked him if he was okay and even started to chuckle a little as he seemed to be just fine albeit highly embarrassed. Off he went again and the exact same thing happened - over he went, face first. By this point, I was extremely nervous especially as it took him a little longer to get up and he came up shaking a bit more. I helped him over to the rocks and told him he needed to take the trail. I still get sick just thinking about it and am so glad that he didn't get hurt. Other than that, the morning was wonderful and we were able to enjoy our time at Kilgore once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment