Sunday, May 6, 2018

Good Things for Sav

Mid-November the high school held the girls soccer banquet to celebrate the teams' accomplishments. We had a delicious pasta dinner and then we got down to business. The JV team was called up first to be recognized and receive their athletic awards.
While they were all still standing up there, Coach Ross awarded Hannah Goad with a Team Player Award. Hannah was the girl who had had her leg broken during one of the games but kept attending games and being a support and positive influence to her teammates on the sidelines. Definitely a stellar teammate! The JV team sat down and I was a little bummed that Savannah hadn't received some kind of award for basically carrying this team BUT I should have kept my phone on ready because next thing I know, Coach Ross calls Savannah back up to receive The Coaches Award. She got a huge applause and cheers as she walked up and Coach Ross said the nicest things about her - "If you were at the games, you know we ran her to death. It was, 'Hey, you're going to go play center midfield until you can't breathe anymore and then I'll let you come off the field for about 3 minutes and then you're going to go right back on'...and that was pretty much every single game. She did it and didn't complain, other than, "Hey, I'm going to die here; you need to get me off the field!'...So, pretty easy decision there." I know I'm her mom but I felt she completely earned it! As I've mentioned before, how she handled herself through this challenge in her life made me so very, very proud of her!
Next up was Varsity and Coach Rankin called the Varsity players up by grade level. He started with the two freshmen and then, when he called up the sophomores, he had Savannah come up as well. I was so glad that he included her because she definitely contributed in the few Varsity games she played.
Time for pictures! Her best friend on the JV team, Hannah.
The Celtic Rams...
and one with Coach Angie.
PR...
Alexa...
Alexis...
Alexa, Abby, and Ryan....
and Coach Ross.
And then there was this:
Yep, this is how a teenager acts when her new I-phone 8 arrives!
She's so spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment