Friday, May 4, 2018

Tuesday Night Lights

I always look forward to Young Women in Excellence, a night when we get to celebrate all of our young women and their accomplishments in Personal Progress throughout the year. We decided to fit our theme of the evening with the youth theme of the year: "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed." (James 1:5-6). We focused on the "waves of the sea" aspect and went nautical/cruise ship. I was in charge of the decorations and was pretty pleased with how everything looked. Unfortunately David was out of town and Xander had his first state playoff game in Colombia that evening so I had to miss this special night with my girls.
They did send me a few pictures during the evening so I could see how everything went.
Meanwhile, in Colombia...our guys were so excited for this first game!
Pre-game cheer...
and here we go! I loved that Xander wore his long white sleeve shirt underneath his jersey because it was so much easier for me to spot him on the field.
The first half we rocked it and went up by several touchdowns. And then they started to come back which made for some tense moments. Thank goodness we pulled it together and came away with the win! Celebration time and a pep talk from the coaches!
I love watching this guy play and was so excited for how well his team was doing. Bring on Game 2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment