Saturday, April 28, 2018

School Activities

Noah's last Laps for Learning.
He and his buddy Parker agreed to wear their October football jerseys for the event.
He did a great job running almost the entire time. I wish I had half his energy!
Posing with Abby the Eagle.
And of course there had to be a silly pose picture.
My little goofball!
A much needed rest after all that running!
I got to be a chaperone for Xander's field trip to the Leight Estuary.  We had such a fun time together but it was definitely a chillier day than I had expected.  Not sure how Xander survived it in just shorts and a sweatshirt.
First session was a fun one - they tested water samples.
Next we went outside to learn more about the different fish in the area.
Setting up a net to see what we could catch and study.
Success!
Observing all the different creatures they pulled out of the net.
We were supposed to go out on kayaks next but the wind had picked up so much that we weren't allowed to go out. Instead, they took us on a hike. Still fun but Xander was totally disappointed.  One of the cool things we observed - they put those discs on the bird houses so the snakes can't climb up and get into the nests.
Checking out pelts of local animals.
Such a gorgeous area!
Our last session was at the nature center learning about different animals...
and even getting to touch a few!
I have never seen a snake with these cool marking before! So cool!
When I saw this snapping turtle statue, I just had to make fun of my summer mishap!

No comments:

Post a Comment